Olympianismos
Welcome to Olympianismos!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Olympianismos
Welcome to Olympianismos!
Olympianismos
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How To Purify, Advice Please

2 posters

Go down

How To Purify, Advice Please Empty How To Purify, Advice Please

Post  AgathonZante Tue Feb 18, 2014 1:49 am

I know we must be purified before doing a ritual and/or giving an offering. But how do we obtain this purification? I heard that you wash in Spring Water, or take a shower or bath thoroughly.
AgathonZante
AgathonZante
God Member
God Member

Back to top Go down

How To Purify, Advice Please Empty Re: How To Purify, Advice Please

Post  Thrasyvoulos Tue Feb 18, 2014 2:16 am

AgathonZante wrote:I know we must be purified before doing a ritual and/or giving an offering. But how do we obtain this purification? I heard that you wash in Spring Water, or take a shower or bath thoroughly.

Either are acceptable. Ritual purification is more so a practice anchored in the material world by ritualistic structure as a way to solidify the concept in our minds that we are to be mentally/spiritually pure when we approach the Gods. It does not matter how much you wash yourself before approaching the Gods if you have anger, resentment, or any unsavory mental/spiritual taint in your heart. Those are exponentially more filthy than any physical impurity, and it is those forms of impurity that truly increase the divide between Gods and men and make it so difficult for us to experience their essence.

The most traditional form is to wash with khernips, which is clean water (spring water is often used) that has been purified and consecrated with flame taken from Hestia's lamp.

Thrasyvoulos
God Member
God Member

Back to top Go down