Olympianismos
Welcome to Olympianismos!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Olympianismos
Welcome to Olympianismos!
Olympianismos
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Comic Books: Hercules Movie

5 posters

Go down

Comic Books: Hercules Movie Empty Comic Books: Hercules Movie

Post  Callisto Wed Jun 12, 2013 11:56 am

Dwayne Johnson's Hercules Production Begins its Labor
Principal photography on a Hercules reboot from Brett Ratner and the Rock Begins

MGM and Paramount Pictures announced Monday that principal photography has begun on their production of Brett Ratner’s Hercules.

Based on the graphic novel Hercules: The Thracian Wars by Steve Moore and Admira Wijaya, the director of the Rush Hour trilogy and X-Men: The Last Stand seeks to find the mythic journey beyond the parameters of the legend we (should) all know.

“Everyone knows the legend of Hercules and his twelve labors,” the press release states. “Our story begins after the labors, and after the legend…”

In other words, Hercules, played by Dwayne Johnson, will be an embittered soldier of fortune touring ancient Greece with five companions who are looking for a good time and a better battle. That is until the King of Thrace and his daughter implore Hercules to return to his heroic ways and rise to the status of myth.

Sounds of kind like The Expendables meets The Dark Knight Rises to us.  [oh my Razz - Callisto]

Besides Johnson bringing the smackdown to ancient fantasy, the film will also star Ian McShane of Deadwood and the fourth Pirates of the Caribbean film, Rufus Sewell John Adams and The Legend of Zorro, and John Hurt of everything (including the upcoming 50th Anniversary of Doctor Who).

Hercules is slated for release on July 25, 2014.
Callisto
Callisto
Sinior Member
Sinior Member

Back to top Go down

Comic Books: Hercules Movie Empty Re: Comic Books: Hercules Movie

Post  Linda Wed Jun 12, 2013 6:46 pm

“Everyone knows the legend of Hercules and his twelve labors,” the press release states. “Our story begins after the labors, and after the legend…”

Sounds like that crappy NZ TV serie which spawned the even more horrid Xena warrior princess back in the 90ies. And taken in mind the last few years of Greek Mythology movies, I'm not exactly jumping with excitement.
Linda
Linda

Back to top Go down

Post  Andromeda Amethyst Thu Jun 13, 2013 1:04 am

And my friends wonder why I shudder at the thought of another movie "based" on the Greek myths.  Oh, please, let me not have to watch the Disney Hercules, the new Clash of the Titans or (oh horrors!) The Immortal ever again.Mad
Andromeda Amethyst
Andromeda Amethyst

Back to top Go down

Post  Thrasyvoulos Thu Jun 13, 2013 2:46 am

Andromeda Amethyst wrote:And my friends wonder why I shudder at the thought of another movie "based" on the Greek myths.  Oh, please, let me not have to watch the Disney Hercules, the new Clash of the Titans or (oh horrors!) The Immortal ever again.Mad

Heeyyy... I rather liked Disney's Hercules... :PIt was obviously created for children who are usually completely ignorant of any substantial Greek mythology/theology, so I wouldn't beat that movie too hard over it.

The live-action Hercules and Xena shows, however, I am a bit too young to recall anything from, so I can't judge them one way or the other.

The recent Percy Jackson movie and books would have the same line of reasoning as the Disney movie, although I do have a small bone to pick with Rick Riordan over one of his comments about Classical religion <.<

Thrasyvoulos
God Member
God Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Callisto Thu Jun 13, 2013 2:59 pm

Icarus wrote:The live-action Hercules and Xena shows, however, I am a bit too young to recall anything from, so I can't judge them one way or the other.

I remember the first time I saw the Hercules series, it wasn't well known initially and I stumbled upon channel-surfing. It will disappoint anyone who doesn't go into it with a sense of humor and a taste for pure cheese. I didn't know any better, my brain went blank for several moments as I sat there twitching. Suspect
Callisto
Callisto
Sinior Member
Sinior Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Thrasyvoulos Fri Jun 14, 2013 5:29 am

Callisto wrote:
Icarus wrote:The live-action Hercules and Xena shows, however, I am a bit too young to recall anything from, so I can't judge them one way or the other.

I remember the first time I saw the Hercules series, it wasn't well known initially and I stumbled upon channel-surfing. It will disappoint anyone who doesn't go into it with a sense of humor and a taste for pure cheese. I didn't know any better, my brain went blank for several moments as I sat there twitching. Suspect

I shall take your word for it. lol!
I seem to recall rather vaguely my father watching a show about a woman in cheap-looking armour and with a rather strong affinity for screaming <.< but the details are lacking. I was only four or five, and most of my time at that age was spent reading or playing outside. Smile

Thrasyvoulos
God Member
God Member

Back to top Go down

Post  tayarlin Fri Jun 14, 2013 11:21 am

I thought Liam McInyre was to be in this?! Or was he just helping out with the fight scenes or what not? 

I loved Xena as a child, and still do! Laughing It has a great value of friendship and love, but at times is extremely cheesy.

tayarlin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down