Olympianismos
Welcome to Olympianismos!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Olympianismos
Welcome to Olympianismos!
Olympianismos
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Capitalizations

2 posters

Go down

Capitalizations Empty Capitalizations

Post  AgathonZante Fri Mar 13, 2015 4:30 am

I am a writer, and when I spell out Natural Forces, I usually capitalize them. For example, I will capitalize Sea, Sun, Moon and Earth, because They are obviously divine. But what of the words "river, air, water, and fire?" Would it be consistent in my writing style to also capitalize those?
AgathonZante
AgathonZante
God Member
God Member

Back to top Go down

Capitalizations Empty Re: Capitalizations

Post  Erodius Sat Mar 14, 2015 2:51 pm

AgathonZante wrote:I am a writer, and when I spell out Natural Forces, I usually capitalize them. For example, I will capitalize Sea, Sun, Moon and Earth, because They are obviously divine. But what of the words "river, air, water, and fire?" Would it be consistent in my writing style to also capitalize those?

There is some rhyme and reason to this. If you are treating them as common nouns, they are lower-case. However, if you are using the words as the literal name of a personified force i.e. 'Unconquered Sun', or 'Earth, the wife of Heaven' then they must be capitalized, because they are names of 'persons'.
Erodius
Erodius

http://eusebeis.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum