Olympianismos
Welcome to Olympianismos!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Olympianismos
Welcome to Olympianismos!
Olympianismos
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New Here

2 posters

Go down

New Here Empty New Here

Post  xxChella21xx Mon Aug 18, 2014 10:49 pm

Hello, My name is Chelsie, I'm 20 years old & a new found Hellenist.
I'm quite frankly sort of new to this religion.
I've always felt that I had semi-different religious opinions, but I never could figure out what that religious view point was, so I kept it to myself and mainly just tried to avoid the topic of religion all together.
But I have always been a Spiritual-Cosmic way of life sort of person.
And I have always had a strong passion for astrology (which in short turned out to be my first introduction to Hellenismos).
About a year ago, I found out that behind each of the zodiac signs, there is the tale of a Greek god or goddess. Being a Virgo, I soon learned much about the Great Goddess' Persephone & Demeter, & the tale of Her abduction by Hades.
The story "Captivated" me. So much of it seemed to connect to my life.
Made all the sense in the world. In short, I went from feeling a half a being, to a Whole.

Ever since then, I've tried to honor them all along with the other gods & goddesses. I'm faithful & give my thanks in subtle ways. Somewhat due to the fact that I know little of how this kind of worship was practiced.
I most commonly pray to Persephone being that she is the main goddess behind my astrological sign Virgo, I also celebrate her in October when the fall equinox comes, and in legend, she must return to Hades.
I also pray for Demeter to mourn the loss of her daughter for another 6 months.

I've always thought my kind of religion was considered "weird" or out of the ordinary, and I honestly didn't even think a kind of religion like this still existed. I'm elated to know otherwise. Smile
Basically, I'm just looking for answers.
I'd like to know more on how to practice honoring the gods and goddess'.

If anyone has any information, I'd be much obliged.

Sincerely
-Chelsie.
xxChella21xx
xxChella21xx

Back to top Go down

New Here Empty Re: New Here

Post  Erodius Mon Aug 18, 2014 11:35 pm

Welcome – there is much good information available here, or accessible from here.

Being as you are just beginning studying Classical religion, I would definitely recommend the Beginners area of the forum. First, there are threads there aimed at helping newcomers, and second, many of the links to more formal core resources are posted as stickies there to make them easily findable. 

Certainly you must have questions, and it is fine to ask them, but I would also definitely recommend taking some time to do some reading (both of formal resources and texts, and of the threads around here too) to get your bearings first, so to speak, and figure what questions you need to ask. 

I hope your time here is useful to you.
Erodius
Erodius

http://eusebeis.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post  xxChella21xx Tue Aug 19, 2014 5:12 am

Erodius wrote:Welcome – there is much good information available here, or accessible from here.

Being as you are just beginning studying Classical religion, I would definitely recommend the Beginners area of the forum. First, there are threads there aimed at helping newcomers, and second, many of the links to more formal core resources are posted as stickies there to make them easily findable. 

Certainly you must have questions, and it is fine to ask them, but I would also definitely recommend taking some time to do some reading (both of formal resources and texts, and of the threads around here too) to get your bearings first, so to speak, and figure what questions you need to ask. 

I hope your time here is useful to you.

-Thank you for your advise & Yes I've seen the stickies, and have read into a few of the beginners passages a bit decently already.
I'm overall, simply am Happy to be here & learn. : )

This is Way more than I had to go on before.
It seems Never ending, And Maybe it is.
xxChella21xx
xxChella21xx

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum