Olympianismos
Welcome to Olympianismos!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Olympianismos
Welcome to Olympianismos!
Olympianismos
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

In-Depth on Reincarnation

5 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

In-Depth on Reincarnation - Page 2 Empty Re: In-Depth on Reincarnation

Post  De Li Fri May 23, 2014 3:42 am

Aktaion wrote:
De Li wrote:
That is exactly how I see it!  Smile Which is why I live and explore the path of Shakta Hindu & Orphic-Neoplatonic syncretism  Smile 

(As you probably know, Shaktism and Shaivism are very close theologically - the difference in a nutshell being that we Shaktas regard Brahman as a child of Shakti and our theology -or maybe I should say thealogy?- extends Brahman; whereas Shaivas see Brahman as ParaShiva and Shakti as His power, because even Shiva can't do anything without Shakti  Wink )

Which, to me, rings of our Phanes and Nyx, Phanes being the Light that shines forth to reveal the Forms hidden in the Cave of Nyx. His light would have nothing to shine on if not for Nyx.

Yes, exactly! - I wrote a comparative cosmology about that on my blog  Smile 

De Li
De Li

http://hearthofheid.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post  De Li Fri May 23, 2014 4:18 am

Dear Erodius,
thank you very much for answering my specific follow-up questions  Smile -- I overlooked that part of your reply at first and only saw the part above the quote, that's why I didn't acknowledge your response straight away.

Erodius wrote:
*I am describing here the Manilian system, rather than the system in contemporary Orphic use, because I believe it is more accurate. The only difference between the two being the inversion of Vulcan and Vesta in the contemporary Orphic system.

Ah, I see, I got confused at that at first read.
(Would you be so kind as to lay out the Manilian system -maybe next to the Orphic system? -- I'm still fairly new to all of this, and have not yet ingrained this sort of knowledge - I still need to go through it again and again and put a lot of thought and contemplation into it, to reach that level of where these things become second nature.)

Thank you very much again -- I so appreciate you sharing your knowledge  I love you 
De Li
De Li

Back to top Go down

Post  De Li Fri May 23, 2014 4:28 am

PS I found the Zodiacal pairing by Manilius on our teacher's webpage, after remembering reading there about an alternative pairing. Does Manilius' 'Ladder' start with Hestia, too? - and then switching the rulers of the House according to his pairing?
I understand the difference in pairing between Orphism and Manilius, however, I am confused as to how the order of Manilius' Ladder looks like (?)
De Li
De Li

Back to top Go down

Post  Erodius Fri May 23, 2014 12:38 pm

Dear Erodius,
thank you very much for answering my specific follow-up questions Smile -- I overlooked that part of your reply at first and only saw the part above the quote, that's why I didn't acknowledge your response straight away.

That would be because I went back and added to my response after I noticed you had posted additional questions.  Wink 

PS I found the Zodiacal pairing by Manilius on our teacher's webpage, after remembering reading there about an alternative pairing. Does Manilius' 'Ladder' start with Hestia, too? - and then switching the rulers of the House according to his pairing?
I understand the difference in pairing between Orphism and Manilius, however, I am confused as to how the order of Manilius' Ladder looks like (?)

The Manilian Houses follow the exact same order and organization as the contemporary Orphic use, with the exception of, as I mentioned, the switch of Vulcan and Vesta. In the Manilian system, Vulcan is the zodioglyph of the 1st House and Vesta is zodioglyph of the 4th, whereas in the system our teacher follows, Vesta is the 1st and Vulcan is the 4th.
Erodius
Erodius

http://eusebeis.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post  TheSeekingDisciple Sun May 25, 2014 4:54 pm

I like where the conversation here has gone. I think most people can agree on the similarities between Hinduism and Olympianism. There are definitely similarities between Bacchus and Shiva. Both deities share similar spheres of influence, both have been referred to as "the howler/roarer", both are very androgynous, both of their followers are known for being a bit "fringe," both share sacred animals and both are seen as "the Brahman" in their traditions. Hinduism is definitely a source of inspiration for me.
TheSeekingDisciple
TheSeekingDisciple

Back to top Go down

Post  TheSeekingDisciple Sat Jan 10, 2015 3:38 pm

So, I hate to perform the dreaded thread necromancy, but I decided to revisit this thread. First of all, I just want to say how humorous the dismissal of Abdu'l-Baha was. The Baha'is look at this man like he's an infallible authority, so I was giving him the benefit of the doubt. Looking at the argument again, it's simple just one giant non-sequitur and opinion. If anything it's evidence against why we should not give fellow humans infallible authority.

As for the rest of the discussion, I would say that I am full on non-dual when it comes to looking at the world. A lot of traditional swampy cree see the world in this matter. My elder seems to share this view as well. A lot of my personal experiences with the divine have led me to the non-dual view. Now, I am a believer in reincarnation as well since I do see the soul as timeless. On top of that, I feel that it explains my spirit animals which are Tiger (and by extension, all cats) and Wolf.

A while back, I had gotten into an argument with a friend of mine over reincarnation. He argued that it was impossible because he believed that his soul filters through Godhead and that other souls are doing this as well. In conclusion, his soul would mix with other souls and that would make things complicated and so reincarnation is not what people think it is. Personally, I find his view a bit absurd because it sounds like God is too incompetent to sort you out from everyone else. Also, I feel that atleast some portion of you in this life would imprint on the soul. Thoughts?
TheSeekingDisciple
TheSeekingDisciple

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum