Olympianismos
Welcome to Olympianismos!

Hebe, The Cup-Bearer

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Hebe, The Cup-Bearer

Post  AgathonZante on Fri Apr 18, 2014 12:22 am

Hebe is the Cup-Bearer of the Gods, Who pours Their nectar. Literally, She gives Them libation which is an offering. Can we call on Hebe to give our offerings to the Gods?
AgathonZante
God Member
God Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Hebe, The Cup-Bearer

Post  Erodius on Fri Apr 18, 2014 8:45 am

The numinal powers of gods are omnipresent. The ground itself and/or the altar fire are the intermediaries.

However, it would certainly be meaningful to hearken to the figure of Hebe as a model, for instance "In such a way as Hebe outpours the divine nectars on the heavens' heights, so be it that I put forth my oblation …"

Furthermore, Hebe is a deity in her own right: the divinity of youth and beauty.

"O Best of Gods, blest daimon crown'd with fire . . . hear, and from punishment my soul absolve, the punishment incurr'd by pristine guilt, thro' Lethe's darkness and terrene desire: and if for long-extended years I'm doom'd in these drear realms Heav'n's exile to remain, O grant me soon the necessary means to gain that good which solitude confers on souls emerging from the bitter waves of fraudful Hyle's black, impetuous flood!"
-Iulianic Hymn to Apollon-Helios, ll. 65-106

"Having come for punishment, one must be punished. One must not pull apart the god within oneself."
-Iamblichus, Vita Pythagorica

"Truth would you teach, or save a sinking land,
All hear, none aid you, and few understand."
-Alexander Pope

ΗΣΦ

Blog: eusebeis.wordpress.com
The Orphic Way: www.hellenicgods.org
Erodius

View user profile http://eusebeis.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top