Olympianismos
Welcome to Olympianismos!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Olympianismos
Welcome to Olympianismos!
Olympianismos
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Random rant

5 posters

Go down

Random rant Empty Random rant

Post  Daedalus Fri Jan 24, 2014 8:21 pm

Ugh! I was on the bus today and a whole bunch of Christians ganged up on me. After I listened to there yelling and calling me a Satanist, they wouldn't hear me out to even explain what my religion was. Right after I told them the name of the religion they started to disrespect it. Evil or Very Mad These are the points when I think that there isn't a decent human-being left on this planet!
Daedalus
Daedalus

Back to top Go down

Random rant Empty Re: Random rant

Post  Thrasyvoulos Fri Jan 24, 2014 8:47 pm

Christians such as that hardly qualify as Christians, if you take into account the moral code they are commanded to attempt to abide by (which you should, when discerning who actually practices a religion genuinely and who is practicing a perversion, not the true thing). If they aren't making even an attempt to do so, they aren't actually Christians, and should be ignored. They don't even know their own religion, much less yours.

Terrible people always have and probably always will exist, for as long as the cosmos is manifest in it's present state. The best we can do is point them to the correct direction, show them how to approach things in an unbiased way and think critically, but Freedom can have a "bitter" side, in that we cannot make them see things clearly, that's all up to them. If they refuse to open their eyes, it's best to ignore them. And then if they refuse to ignore you, there's a whole system of laws about harassment and such to take care of that Laughing

Thrasyvoulos
God Member
God Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Erodius Fri Jan 24, 2014 10:39 pm

I couldn't have said it better myself.
Erodius
Erodius

http://eusebeis.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Daedalus Sat Jan 25, 2014 6:48 pm

True enough. I'm just mad that people don't respect others religions.
Daedalus
Daedalus

Back to top Go down

Post  Thrasyvoulos Sat Jan 25, 2014 7:40 pm

Daedalus wrote:True enough. I'm just mad that people don't respect others religions.

Been a problem since before the days of Socrates. It's the way of the world, unfortunately. We likely cannot change it, so it's one of those things that must be adapted to.

Thrasyvoulos
God Member
God Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Linda Wed Jan 29, 2014 4:48 pm

Daedalus - just ignore them.

I also want to add, that it's very often the group (or mob) mentality that make things like this happen. One by one I can imagine that these people might be quite reasonable, but when they get lumped together the glue is often to puke venon on somebody who's different. What different they often care less about. It can be skin colour, sexual orientation, nationality, favourite team - or in this case religion. It's some kind of spinal reaction, probably related to primordian survival instincts. It doesn't apology the behaviour thought, one would think that these days people would be able to activate their brains...
Linda
Linda

Back to top Go down

Random rant Empty Re:Rant

Post  Keegan S. Sat Aug 02, 2014 3:42 pm

A good way to deal with people like that is ignoring them, you take away they're power if there not payed any attention :/ trust me I've had to deal with people like this before........

Keegan S.

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down