Olympianismos
Welcome to Olympianismos!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Olympianismos
Welcome to Olympianismos!
Olympianismos
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forced to go to church

2 posters

Go down

Forced to go to church Empty Forced to go to church

Post  tobyderks Mon Dec 19, 2016 6:00 pm

Hey everyone,
(Please correct me if this topic isn't in the right place)
I have a question:
It's almost Christmas. We are celebrating this with family and actually don't give that much attention to the whole Jesus story behind it. But my parents now want me to go to church with them on Christmas evening. I do not want to and I have told them, but I'm being forced to join them. I also need to eat a wafer and say 'amen' when I get one.
I am fully against this. That is not my believe and I do not want to have anything to do with it. Of course I'm not going to pray in church, I can decide that for my own. But getting a wafer I must do. It doesn't mean anything to me, but will the Gods be offended if I go to the house of another god and eat a wafer? And if so, how can I restore that?
I'm so angry: they know it's not my belief and still I'm being forced. I don't want to have anything to do with that stupid religion. And as if this isn't enough already, I'm also gay and we all know how Christians think about me.
Well thank you for your replies!!!!

tobyderks

Back to top Go down

Forced to go to church Empty Re: Forced to go to church

Post  Ελευθερια Tue Dec 20, 2016 10:38 am

I wouldn't sweat it too much. The Ancient Greek thought that other people believed in the same Gods as they did but just called them by different names and had different rites. Just imagine that God (the Father) is Zeus and Jesus (the Son) is Dionysos.
If you look into Orphism, you will see many similarities between stories about Dionysos and stories about Jesus.
"In the Orphic myths, the maiden goddess Persephone was seduced by Zeus in the guise of a serpent. She bore him a son, the godling Zagreus, who, when Zeus placed him upon the throne of heaven, was attacked and dismembered by the Titanes. His heart was recovered and he was reborn through Semele as the god Dionysos."
For an example of resurrection.
Read up on it at http://www.theoi.com/

Ελευθερια

Back to top Go down

Post  tobyderks Wed Dec 21, 2016 2:33 pm

Okay thank you so much! I'm just going to replace god for Zeus and Jesus for Dionysos if the pastor says their names. I already knew there were some similarities between our religion and theirs, like Eva and Pandora. But I never made that link. So basically I could imagine Mary as Persephone? And the holy spirit?

tobyderks

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum