Olympianismos
Welcome to Olympianismos!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Olympianismos
Welcome to Olympianismos!
Olympianismos
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Was just wondering

+3
tayarlin
Erodius
spokane89
7 posters

Go down

Was just wondering Empty Was just wondering

Post  spokane89 Wed May 01, 2013 5:13 pm

Now we all presumably worship the twelve Olympions (dodekatheon?) right out, but I was wondering which specific Gods you all regularly honor in your worship to Them. I follow the HMEPA and thus Hekatê, Selênê, the Agathos Daimon, Erôs and Heraklês are honored on a relatively regular basis. In addition to this Hêlios, Asklêpios and Dionysos are personally worshiped rather often as well. I do, of course, make a final prayer and offering "to all the Blessed Ones" at the end of every prayer set, as I wish to honor and give thanks to all of Them.
spokane89
spokane89

Back to top Go down

Was just wondering Empty Re: Was just wondering

Post  Erodius Wed May 01, 2013 6:15 pm

The Orphic calendar is somewhat different from the common Attic calendar.

The Orphic liturgy includes the worship of a variety of divinities, given varying prominence, many of whom are common to general Graeco-Roman cult, with some others that are more or less unique to Orphic religion. Also included are many divinities of celestial and earthly forces, and representative divinities of abstract concepts.
Erodius
Erodius

http://eusebeis.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post  tayarlin Thu May 02, 2013 3:01 pm

I regularly honor Aphrodite, Athena, and Dionysos. However, the Hellenion calendar has the second Saturday of each month set aside for a libation to a different Olympian to ensure that they get honored.

tayarlin

Back to top Go down

Post  Megara Mon Nov 04, 2013 4:03 am

Personally, I worship: Hestia, Hera, Athena, APOLLO [music major haha], Dionysus every now and then, and then Aphrodite. I end each prayer by extending my prayers of thanks and well wishes to all of the gods. I usually start each prayer by generalizing my thanks to all of the gods, because I feel that each of them either has or might have blessed me in some form and I just didn't know it...so I figure, better to cover all of the bases first. haha Then I go into the specifics for each one.

I feel so grateful sometimes, because as I'm going through each god [I hope this doesn't sound so stoic and systematic. haha but it kind of is. =P ] I start to think about all of the good things I've got going on for me --even if I've got so much ish going on that's bad, I am still able to see the good because I think of the good things that I've been blessed with. At least, that's how I feel...
Megara
Megara

Back to top Go down

Post  Thrasyvoulos Tue Nov 05, 2013 4:25 pm

Other than Poseidon, Athena and Apollo, whom I try to include in everything, the other deities I include in worship vary, depending on the month and day. I don't follow the Attic calendar, I'm not a reconstructionist like most people here are familiar with.

Thrasyvoulos
God Member
God Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Erodius Tue Nov 05, 2013 5:08 pm

I imagine you follow the same Orphic Zodiacal Calendar in liturgy as I and our other brother and sister μυστιπόλοι. The sixteenth of Scorpius today, for instance. The sacred month of Mars. Wink 
Erodius
Erodius

http://eusebeis.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Linda Tue Nov 05, 2013 5:55 pm

I always include all of the 12, but I have to admit, there's ofta Athena, Hermes and Hephaistos getting a bit more attention. And besides the 12, I usually say a prayer to Asklepios for health and to the Muses for inspiration
Linda
Linda

Back to top Go down

Post  Thrasyvoulos Tue Nov 05, 2013 9:53 pm

Erodius wrote:I imagine you follow the same Orphic Zodiacal Calendar in liturgy as I and our other brother and sister μυστιπόλοι. The sixteenth of Scorpius today, for instance. The sacred month of Mars. Wink 
Hehe indeed xD though not up to usual standards as of late, unfortunately. I must bend to the demands of life in a barracks, though.

Thrasyvoulos
God Member
God Member

Back to top Go down

Post  hhodios Fri Dec 20, 2013 1:47 am

Well, I'll start and end every prayer with an invocation to the entire Dodekatheon but with special emphasis on Hermes, Apollon, Dionysos, Pan, and Zeus. More minor emphasis on Hephaestos, Artemis, and Athena. I feel like I "work for" Hermes and Apollon in my daily life, but I lay at least some emphasis on the others.

Those are the Gods I have included in my worship so far. But as I learn more and include them, I expect my practice to expand to more formal inclusion of the others. As they enter and touch my life, basically. Aphrodite is, or should be, close to me as well but I'm not as regular with her worship, though I probably should be because of my past and my needs.
hhodios
hhodios

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum