Olympianismos
Welcome to Olympianismos!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Olympianismos
Welcome to Olympianismos!
Olympianismos
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Trojans to Romans

3 posters

Go down

Trojans to Romans Empty Trojans to Romans

Post  AgathonZante Fri Aug 19, 2016 10:34 am

According to ancient sources, once the surviving Trojans fled their city after the Greek victory, they were led by Aeneas to find a new home. Eventually, they founded a city in modern-day Italy that would come to be called Rome. Is it possible today that there are Romans who are descendants of the Trojans? Or is this merely legend and nothing more? If so, what happened to the actual Trojans?
AgathonZante
AgathonZante
God Member
God Member

Back to top Go down

Trojans to Romans Empty Re: Trojans to Romans

Post  Erodius Sun Aug 21, 2016 2:58 pm

AgathonZante wrote:According to ancient sources, once the surviving Trojans fled their city after the Greek victory, they were led by Aeneas to find a new home. Eventually, they founded a city in modern-day Italy that would come to be called Rome. Is it possible today that there are Romans who are descendants of the Trojans? Or is this merely legend and nothing more? If so, what happened to the actual Trojans?

Well, only a handful of Trojans were said to have fled to Italy - others would have fled to the surrounding areas and other cities around the Troad.

Aeneas and his companions did not found Rome, they founded Alba Longa. Romulus established Rome several generations later.

It's certainly possible that there are lines of descent from Troy in Italy - but they'd be very distant and mixed at this point.
Erodius
Erodius

http://eusebeis.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Dimitrios65 Sun Jan 01, 2017 9:34 pm

Hello everybody, I know I'm posting a reply really late. I don't know how reliable this source is (https://www.theguardian.com/world/2007/jun/18/italy.johnhooper?CMP=share_btn_fb) but is it possible that the results of this DNA test prove the connection between Troy and Rome? I'm aware that some Roman families had claimed Etruscan descent in the past. What do all of you think?
Dimitrios65
Dimitrios65

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down