Olympianismos
Welcome to Olympianismos!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Olympianismos
Welcome to Olympianismos!
Olympianismos
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New Theory on Death

2 posters

Go down

New Theory on Death Empty New Theory on Death

Post  HailOlympos! Tue Feb 23, 2016 1:06 pm

Late at night, I woke up and had a theory. What if death could not hold a person? What if, somehow, a person was "reincarnated" of sorts and were sent to a parallel universe where they never died. Well one flaw to this theory is, "Well, what happens to the people of old age?" Perhaps they are trully reborn into another universe as a new soul, or perhaps sent back to our universe, or this universe in particular. An example of this would be if someone was shot. They "died" in this universe and were moved to another. In that universe, they miraculously survived. It's not a soilidified idea, but I ask you to ponder on it.
HailOlympos!
HailOlympos!

Back to top Go down

New Theory on Death Empty Re: New Theory on Death

Post  Euthymia Sun Mar 06, 2016 11:10 pm

I thought a bit about your theory and if I am not mistaken, what you are implying is that we would 'reincarnate' ourselves into some sort of 'heaven' in a parallel universe. If your theory is to be real, there would have to be some sort of eternal life form. However, this is a bit unlikely since all life forms are mortal. If there is indeed parallel universes, for your exemple of the man who was shot, there would be many different possibilities. Since life has many crossroads, their would be thousands of millions of different universes, which seems a bit to astronomical to me.  Which in my opinion, deems this theory a bit illogical. Although, you could argue that parallel universes could be made only based on important choices made throughout life, not the little things. If that is such, there would be still be billions of different universes based on each life since the beginning of mankind, which seems unseemly to me, yet it could theoretically be possible. But this implies that something connects you to your other 'selves', that your conscience may the part of a larger soul. This, after a bit a though, does not seem that illogical. This of course implies that there is either such thing as preordained fate or that your consciousness can create. If there is preordained fate, it could be implied that the Divine wishes for you to learn lessons throughout different choices, to learn in fact, which one was best or not. This implies that the ultimate goal of mankind is to learn, but learn for what exactly? Certainly to become a better self, yet not perfection, for perfection is said to be impossible for a man to obtain. Yet, if man is not perfect, how can his learning ever cease. Our lives, even be they different based on choices, cannot field us all experiences needed. For exemple, how can a wealthy white male american have the same experiences as a poor, tribal african girl? The answer is that it is impossible. He could theoretically join an african tribe, become poor, change is appearance, but he can never really experience what an authentic african girl would. This would be an illogical theory if its goal was to teach us lessons. Thus, if this theory is correct, it's goal would have nothing to do with learning. Which implies that the Divine would not ordain our lives, since it would bring you nothing. Which means that if this is truth, it would not be ordained by Deity, for it would be illogical. Now, we will take the second theory, in which consciousness creates. However consciousness is confined to a mortal body, which means that consciousness could not create, unless a part of our consciousness is divine and unbound. However, if we have a part of us that is unbound that ordains our life, why would part of us be bound. If part of us is bound, it is for a reason. That reason is probably to learn. If it is to learn, it would be governed by knowledgeable, wise Deities, not by a part of ourselves that is seemingly ignorant. If it is such, that it is illogical. Thus, in my opinion, your theory is unlikely. However, If you notice faulty logic or that you disagree, you are more than welcome to correct me Wink
Euthymia
Euthymia

Back to top Go down

New Theory on Death Empty Corrections

Post  HailOlympos! Mon Mar 07, 2016 12:27 pm

Well, the only faulty logic I found in your reply is that you said we are mortal. Now, I'm not saying we are, or we aren't, but there is no way of knowing. However, I agree completely, knowledge is our reason for living; our reason of expansion.
HailOlympos!
HailOlympos!

Back to top Go down

Post  Euthymia Mon Mar 07, 2016 8:22 pm

When I ment 'mortal', I was not referring to the 'soul' but to the body.
Euthymia
Euthymia

Back to top Go down

Post  HailOlympos! Thu Apr 21, 2016 1:02 pm

Ah, I see. I suppose it is a foolish theory, but a theory none the less. Smile Good day.
HailOlympos!
HailOlympos!

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down