Olympianismos
Welcome to Olympianismos!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Olympianismos
Welcome to Olympianismos!
Olympianismos
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hello from Mississauga

3 posters

Go down

Hello from Mississauga Empty Hello from Mississauga

Post  Ελευθερια Mon Mar 03, 2014 4:00 pm

Hi. I was on the old site for a little while. I've been checking out this new site occasionally for the last few months. Thank you Erodius and Agathocles for taking over.
I grew up in Belgium and took Latin and one year of Greek in secondary school during which time I've been on school trips to Italy and Greece.
Then I moved to Canada where I still live now.
My parents were atheist and just let things be, so I never had any religious/spiritual education at all. Their idea was that I should figure it out for myself, and I really never got into theology growing up. I just had other interests and felt no need for it. Though my grandmothers were Catholic (as well as most of my birth country), I never felt any affinity for this religion, or really any other, other than simple occasional curiosity (I took Judaism the last year of high school, out of curiosity... call it social studies).
Due to my 'classic' high school education, I've been introduced to much of the Greek (and Roman) mythology.
Over the years, I've read the odd work such as works of Homer, Plato, Virgil, Hesiod, etc.
In the last few years, I've read many others, and I am still up to reading more. In the last year, I've also read few more modern books about Ancient Greek religion (Bukert, Kerenyi).
Started practicing a bit over two years ago, but it can be difficult for me in certain ways as I never practiced any religion before and I am obviously still very confused about the whole thing.
As I have confessed before (on the old website), I need a lot of help. in the meantime, I'll keep reading from different sources and keep in touch with the forum.
Thanks again.

Ελευθερια

Back to top Go down

Hello from Mississauga Empty Re: Hello from Mississauga

Post  Erodius Mon Mar 03, 2014 4:08 pm

Welcome — or should I say, welcome back.  Wink 
Erodius
Erodius

http://eusebeis.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Hello from Mississauga Empty Re: Hello from Mississauga

Post  Daedalus Mon Mar 03, 2014 11:26 pm