Olympianismos
Welcome to Olympianismos!

Hunting

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Hunting

Post  Erodius on Fri Apr 26, 2013 12:08 pm

Don't worry about it. I read into things more than some people intend (in life in general) and get hermeneutically involved in almost everything. I know that I do this, so I was just trying to be clear and open.

A lot of disagreements, especially in the contemporary world, I think require an agreement that there can be no agreement, and to leave it at that. I think we've gotten, as a society, into a good-intentioned but problematic mentality where we feel we have to resolve all conflicts, and we get into trouble (with things like wars with no conceivable end), when we come upon conflicts that are irreconcilable unless one side is either destroyed or capitulates to the other, which is a really unfortunate situation.

"O Best of Gods, blest daimon crown'd with fire . . . hear, and from punishment my soul absolve, the punishment incurr'd by pristine guilt, thro' Lethe's darkness and terrene desire: and if for long-extended years I'm doom'd in these drear realms Heav'n's exile to remain, O grant me soon the necessary means to gain that good which solitude confers on souls emerging from the bitter waves of fraudful Hyle's black, impetuous flood!"
-Iulianic Hymn to Apollon-Helios, ll. 65-106

"Having come for punishment, one must be punished. One must not pull apart the god within oneself."
-Iamblichus, Vita Pythagorica

"Truth would you teach, or save a sinking land,
All hear, none aid you, and few understand."
-Alexander Pope

ΗΣΦ

Blog: eusebeis.wordpress.com
The Orphic Way: www.hellenicgods.org
Erodius

View user profile http://eusebeis.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Hunting

Post  Daedalus on Sat Nov 16, 2013 9:49 am

J_Agathokles wrote:
Erodius wrote:but they are not sentient, they do not possess intellection and do not have souls, which are, we believe, intimately tied to intellection.
And how exactly does one know this. What if they are as sentient, or even more sentient, then we are, but simply not  in a way that we can recognise with our current understanding.
I am in agreeance with you as I believe that plants are indeed sentient, just at a level that our mortal minds cannot comprehend.
Daedalus

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top