Olympianismos
Welcome to Olympianismos!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Olympianismos
Welcome to Olympianismos!
Olympianismos
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Contacting Tim About Forum

5 posters

Go down

Contacting Tim About Forum Empty Contacting Tim About Forum

Post  Achrelus Fri Apr 12, 2013 8:25 pm

If anybodys knows how, would it be possible to get ahold of Tim and having him redirect Hellenismos.us to here?? That way all the othes could find it.
Achrelus
Achrelus
Admin
Admin

https://olympianismos.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Contacting Tim About Forum Empty Re: Contacting Tim About Forum

Post  J_Agathokles Sun Apr 14, 2013 1:53 pm

I sent him a PM via Facebook. We'll see whether he'll agree to redirect. Or even if he'll answer me.

J_Agathokles

Back to top Go down

Post  Erodius Sun Apr 14, 2013 2:01 pm

I've sent him a handful of emails and messages over the past year that he's been absent; I don't recall having received any response for any of them.
Erodius
Erodius

http://eusebeis.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post  J_Agathokles Sun Apr 14, 2013 2:02 pm

Neither have I, but well it's worth a shot.

J_Agathokles

Back to top Go down

Post  J_Agathokles Sun Apr 14, 2013 2:04 pm

He has two accounts by the way. One Facebook where he still has that statue of Zeus for profile pic, and another which I presume he uses for his current political carreer. I sent the message to both.

J_Agathokles

Back to top Go down

Post  Callisto Sun Apr 14, 2013 2:25 pm

Ερωδιός wrote:I've sent him a handful of emails and messages over the past year that he's been absent; I don't recall having received any response for any of them.

I sent him one a couple of weeks ago. Either it's an old account or he simply didn't respond.
Callisto
Callisto
Sinior Member
Sinior Member

Back to top Go down

Post  J_Agathokles Mon Apr 15, 2013 11:00 am

Well, it seems he did read my message and responded, and says that while he'd prefer a site more dedicated to the traditional religion, he'd follow my recommendation.

J_Agathokles

Back to top Go down

Post  Achrelus Mon Apr 15, 2013 11:31 am

I am not sure what he meant by "more dedicated to the traditional relogion" but he did do it
Achrelus
Achrelus
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  J_Agathokles Mon Apr 15, 2013 11:37 am

I'm not sure either. He just messaged me that he's done it, though it may take up to 30 minutes before the change is noticeable.

J_Agathokles

Back to top Go down

Post  J_Agathokles Mon Apr 15, 2013 11:37 am

But I see it already refers to this forum now.

J_Agathokles

Back to top Go down

Post  Erodius Mon Apr 15, 2013 11:52 am

Well, I think that will be helpful in getting the stragglers to the new site. Although, to be honest, I think it is sort of a good thing to have a fresh start and clear out some of the bad blood from the old site.
Erodius
Erodius

http://eusebeis.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post  J_Agathokles Mon Apr 15, 2013 11:53 am

Ερωδιός wrote:Well, I think that will be helpful in getting the stragglers to the new site. Although, to be honest, I it is sort of a good thing to have a fresh start and clear out some of the bad blood from the old site.

Perhaps.

J_Agathokles

Back to top Go down

Post  Callisto Mon Apr 15, 2013 2:44 pm

I'm glad he responded and was willing to redirect the url. I can't imagine what he meant, sounds like he's under the impression that this isn't a recon board. (Maybe that needs to be clarified, in general on the board somewhere?)
Callisto
Callisto
Sinior Member
Sinior Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Achrelus Mon Apr 15, 2013 7:36 pm

Ερωδιός wrote:Well, I think that will be helpful in getting the stragglers to the new site. Although, to be honest, I think it is sort of a good thing to have a fresh start and clear out some of the bad blood from the old site.
Are you saying it might be bad to have it linked to the old site? Or were the two commentss separate?
Achrelus
Achrelus
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  J_Agathokles Tue Apr 16, 2013 4:19 am

So, I sent Timothy a question about linking from his old forum to this place, and he has agreed to do so, and indeed it works, Hellenismos.us now redirects people to this forum. He did read a few threads off course, and read our comments upon his absence and the forum going down. He has requested me to post the following in response:

"I read through a few of the threads on the board, and I am willing to clear up some rumors. I would be grateful if you could send my comments.
On one hand, I can concede people should have been given fair warning. On the other, I have been absent from both the board and "the community" for more than a year. My reasons for walking away are my own, but it was only a matter of time before the site went as well.

I have not been cleaning up or deleting my association with Hellenismos. The only thing gone is the site. The hosting and the domain name are/were separate bills. The hosting came due, and I chose not to renew it. It is that simple.

My association with Hellenismos will not affect my running for political office... a volunteer, unpaid position. The reason those comments were deleted from the site mention is the person who runs it felt religion was irrelevant. He would have deleted the comments if I were a Muslim, Jew, Scientology, or any other religion.

The one and only reason my religion was brought into the discussion was an attempt to take the discussion away from the budget issues. People have asked in person, and I have stated out right who I am. I neither hide from my spiritual opinions, nor do I stand on a soapbox forcing them on people of other religions. Fact is, most people have told me they don't care, and that is really how it should be.

I do apologize for any hurt feelings. It is what it is."

So hereby I have delivered the message.

J_Agathokles

Back to top Go down

Post  Haganrix Wed Apr 24, 2013 12:37 pm

J_Agathokles wrote:.

"The one and only reason my religion was brought into the discussion was an attempt to take the discussion away from the budget issues. People have asked in person, and I have stated out right who I am. I neither hide from my spiritual opinions, nor do I stand on a soapbox forcing them on people of other religions. Fact is, most people have told me they don't care, and that is really how it should be.

I do apologize for any hurt feelings. It is what it is."

So hereby I have delivered the message.

But Tim, in any case what you're still owing to us are our postings in which we have spent quite a lot of time and work. Haven't we? Is there any good reason why they all should be gone for ever.

Now, tell me what has to be done!

Haganrix

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down