Olympianismos
Welcome to Olympianismos!

We need to put up a sign

View previous topic View next topic Go down

We need to put up a sign

Post  Callisto on Wed Apr 10, 2013 3:09 pm

It just occurred to me that most of us found our way here via word of mouth because we had some means of reaching one another. But there are people who have no idea this forum exists. Aside from this being new, there's no meta data for search engines to bring it up in searches for Hellenismos.

Has anyone posted the link on their blog or FB or Twitter? I don't do the social networking thing (yep that's right, I don't have a Twitter or FB page). I did see someone asked "what happened" on the Hellenismos.us FB page but, of course, there was no response.

Is anyone friends with other Hellenismos bloggers, maybe ask them to give a mention that this forum exists?

Callisto
Sinior Member
Sinior Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: We need to put up a sign

Post  Erodius on Wed Apr 10, 2013 3:17 pm

Everyone with whom I have contact with is already here or has been informed.

On a side note, I have put more and more thought lately into swearing off social networking and deactivating my Facebook account. For me, it's a time sucker and a riffraff nest.

I've been much happier after following my New Years resolution to cut back my Internet usage, and I think I've reached the point where I'm ready to bid adieu to Facebook.

"O Best of Gods, blest daimon crown'd with fire . . . hear, and from punishment my soul absolve, the punishment incurr'd by pristine guilt, thro' Lethe's darkness and terrene desire: and if for long-extended years I'm doom'd in these drear realms Heav'n's exile to remain, O grant me soon the necessary means to gain that good which solitude confers on souls emerging from the bitter waves of fraudful Hyle's black, impetuous flood!"
-Iulianic Hymn to Apollon-Helios, ll. 65-106

"Having come for punishment, one must be punished. One must not pull apart the god within oneself."
-Iamblichus, Vita Pythagorica

"Truth would you teach, or save a sinking land,
All hear, none aid you, and few understand."
-Alexander Pope

ΗΣΦ

Blog: eusebeis.wordpress.com
The Orphic Way: www.hellenicgods.org
Erodius

View user profile http://eusebeis.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Callisto on Wed Apr 10, 2013 3:35 pm

Don't get me started on social networking. No I've always viewed it as a waste of time and FB is just vile and corrupt. So good for you!

I was just thinking if people do use it, and/or write blogs, that links would be helpful because they'll get traffic, not just from friends but people searching for info on Hellenismos.

Callisto
Sinior Member
Sinior Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Achrelus on Wed Apr 10, 2013 5:35 pm

I put in the metatag to show up for searches on hellenismos, the problem is as a new site I am low on the list. Once there is more activity it will start to show up on more abiguous searches. On a side not I'm with you Callisto! This is the extent of my social networking. I have always viewed things like FB ans BS lol! never got into social networking and proud to say I never will.

Admin
Admin

View user profile http://olympianismos.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Callisto on Wed Apr 10, 2013 6:45 pm

This is the first time I've actually been in a forum with others not hooked on those social network sites. Yay! Usually people think it's weird or don't believe that I'm not tweeting and fb'ing because "everyone" does. Rolling Eyes

What will also help the forum to rise in search engine results is other more trafficked sites linking to it, that figures into the algorithms the search engines use. So yes, it will take a bit for it to show up. But yes, adding words like "hellenismos" "dodekatheon" "greek polytheism", "greek gods", "religion" etc. to meta tags will definitely help, along with the fact those and related words will become recurring as more posts are added.

Callisto
Sinior Member
Sinior Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  spokane89 on Wed Apr 10, 2013 7:01 pm

I've mention this forum in a posts on both my personal and religious tumblr blogs in hopes of drawing more people in here.
spokane89

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  J_Agathokles on Thu Apr 11, 2013 6:33 am

Well, I use those services to keep in touch with lots of people across the world that I don't know personally, including members of this forum and from Tim's old forum. I'd love to move to something other then Facebook, but the trouble is getting everyone else to move to Google+ or Diapora*.

J_Agathokles

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top