Olympianismos
Welcome to Olympianismos!

Serapis

Go down

Serapis

Post  Dimitrios65 on Wed Sep 20, 2017 5:59 pm

Hello,
Does anyone here worship Serapis? I'm not sure as to the extent that this question is relevant for this forum, but if you do worship Serapis, how do you view him in the wider context of Olympianismos?

Many thanks
Dimitrios65

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Serapis

Post  Vadzhij on Tue Oct 03, 2017 11:08 pm

Serapis was sometimes dentified with Hades (Julian) and a few other gods, he had an awesome temple in Alexandria, the Serapeum. I've read that some Christians identified Serapis with Christ. When the Christians stormed the Serapeum and stood in front of the magnificent statue they were awestruck and fearful to strike the statue of the god for fear that the sky would fall over their heads and the Nile would dry up.

Vadzhij

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  HailOlympos! on Mon Mar 12, 2018 10:18 am

Like all of the Gods, yes, I worship Serapis. Since I am devoted to Dionysos, I find often find that Zeus/Dionysos/Serapis are all aboard the same wagon.

Sent from Topic'it App

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Erodius on Fri Apr 13, 2018 3:07 pm

Serapis was generally viewed as a kind of fusion of aspects of Pluto/Hades and Dionysus.

"O Best of Gods, blest daimon crown'd with fire . . . hear, and from punishment my soul absolve, the punishment incurr'd by pristine guilt, thro' Lethe's darkness and terrene desire: and if for long-extended years I'm doom'd in these drear realms Heav'n's exile to remain, O grant me soon the necessary means to gain that good which solitude confers on souls emerging from the bitter waves of fraudful Hyle's black, impetuous flood!"
-Iulianic Hymn to Apollon-Helios, ll. 65-106

"Having come for punishment, one must be punished. One must not pull apart the god within oneself."
-Iamblichus, Vita Pythagorica

"Truth would you teach, or save a sinking land,
All hear, none aid you, and few understand."
-Alexander Pope

ΗΣΦ

Blog: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
The Orphic Way: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Erodius

View user profile http://eusebeis.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post  HailOlympos! on Fri Apr 13, 2018 3:14 pm

Yes, but you forget that he was also equated with Zeus as Zeus-Serapis. Zeus also has many Chthonic qualities about him.

Sent from Topic'it App

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum