Olympianismos
Welcome to Olympianismos!

A Little Lost

View previous topic View next topic Go down

A Little Lost

Post  Nym on Mon Aug 14, 2017 7:20 am

Hi all, this is my first post on the forum and it's unfortunate it has to be so bleak a topic, but I feel a little trapped in this and don't know any other way to seek advice. I've been seeking my own path for over a year now, almost two, and for a very long time Greek deities seem to have played a major role in my path. I've not exclusively practiced Hellenism, but I feel like I've been encouraged recently to at least look into it, and thinking about it has raised some concerns in terms of my previous practices.

For example, when I was less well guided and more eager to take risks earlier in my learning, I dedicated to a few deities and promised to practice in a way that I later found impossible for myself to sustain. I promised too much too early on, and now I feel unable to face that. I stopped practicing a long while ago due to personal health issues, but I always worried that it'd be held against me or those deities would later call me up on it. Now, I haven't noticed anyone call me out on my early mistakes - to my knowledge, none of the deities have straight up told me to fulfill those early dedications, and at the end of a certain period of time I would rededicate anyway, which in my mind wiped the slate clean as I acknowledged the continuous progression of my path and beliefs. Again, I haven't experienced any perceived protests from the beings I've worked with against this idea. I'm still uncertain, though - I'm on my own in my path, I have no spiritual support network in person (like religious family members or friends) but I do have this online community to reach out to.

Having said all of this, I feel as if my continuous endeavours to recreate my path again, through reading right now (because I can't manage a whole lot at present) is support by the deities I have perceived in my life. I haven't any evidence to suggest my mistakes will be imminently called out on, but maybe They're just waiting until I'm strong enough to do something about it.

Any thoughts on the topic would be greatly appreciated.

Blessed Be,

- Nym

Nym

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top