Olympianismos
Welcome to Olympianismos!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Olympianismos
Welcome to Olympianismos!
Olympianismos
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Slight Religious Redirection

2 posters

Go down

Slight Religious Redirection Empty Slight Religious Redirection

Post  AgathonZante Mon Dec 26, 2016 7:16 pm

A friend my mine who is also Hellenic asked me a question the other day and I really don't know how to answer it. She worships the Greek Gods and follows Hellenism as her one and only official religion. In short, she only worships the Greek Gods, and she's been that way for a while. However, she has recently felt a very strong calling to worship one non-Greek God from another pantheon. She asked me if she could still be a Hellene and do that, or if it would upset her entire religious life? I really don't know what to say.
AgathonZante
AgathonZante
God Member
God Member

Back to top Go down

Slight Religious Redirection Empty Re: Slight Religious Redirection

Post  Erodius Sun Jan 15, 2017 4:29 pm

AgathonZante wrote:A friend my mine who is also Hellenic asked me a question the other day and I really don't know how to answer it. She worships the Greek Gods and follows Hellenism as her one and only official religion. In short, she only worships the Greek Gods, and she's been that way for a while. However, she has recently felt a very strong calling to worship one non-Greek God from another pantheon. She asked me if she could still be a Hellene and do that, or if it would upset her entire religious life? I really don't know what to say.

There are no 'pantheons' – the whole idea is silly – there are only the Gods. Nobody would have honestly believed that the Sun in Egypt was different from the Sun in Greece, or so on. When foreign cults were encountered by Greeks and Romans, they were Hellenized/Romanized, wherein they were identified with Graeco-Roman counterparts, and often adopted varying degrees of Graeco-Roman iconography and mythology.
Erodius
Erodius

http://eusebeis.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down