Olympianismos
Welcome to Olympianismos!

Khairete

Go down

Khairete

Post  Haganrix on Mon Apr 08, 2013 4:40 pm

Khairete!

I think I don't have to introduce myself seriously because the "old fellows" know me from Timothys Hellenismos.us. However, why did Timothy finish his forum? What happened over there? Please tell the story of that lost forum!

Greetings

Haganrix

Haganrix

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Khairete

Post  Erodius on Mon Apr 08, 2013 5:32 pm

It just sort of went down one day. Tim had been absent for nearly a year.

"O Best of Gods, blest daimon crown'd with fire . . . hear, and from punishment my soul absolve, the punishment incurr'd by pristine guilt, thro' Lethe's darkness and terrene desire: and if for long-extended years I'm doom'd in these drear realms Heav'n's exile to remain, O grant me soon the necessary means to gain that good which solitude confers on souls emerging from the bitter waves of fraudful Hyle's black, impetuous flood!"
-Iulianic Hymn to Apollon-Helios, ll. 65-106

"Having come for punishment, one must be punished. One must not pull apart the god within oneself."
-Iamblichus, Vita Pythagorica

"Truth would you teach, or save a sinking land,
All hear, none aid you, and few understand."
-Alexander Pope

ΗΣΦ

Blog: eusebeis.wordpress.com
The Orphic Way: www.hellenicgods.org
Erodius

View user profile http://eusebeis.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post  spokane89 on Mon Apr 08, 2013 10:21 pm

the mystery of hellenismos.us may never be solved, unless someone who personally knows Timothy comes and enlightens us.
spokane89

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Callisto on Tue Apr 09, 2013 1:32 pm

Welcome Haganrix, I'm glad you found your way here. Hopefully more will soon follow.

I think everyone's choice is to just move on, myself included. But to be clear, Tim chose to take the board down (evidenced by redirecting its url first to his Hellenismos page and now on to the YSEE forum). No one knows why and there's no use in guessing. It's just known that he neglected the board for about a year, didn't appoint any moderators to maintain it in his absence and is uncommunicative despite various persons' attempts to reach him.

Beyond that, any discussion would just be speculation. So this isn't said to pursue greater discussion on the matter, rather people will continue to ask and they do deserve some sort of answer. Hopefully this will address "what happened" to some degree without the topic being revisited every time someone finds their way here. People will form whatever opinions and conclusions they want about the matter for themselves and we'll just have to leave it at that.

Callisto
Sinior Member
Sinior Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Haganrix on Tue Apr 09, 2013 3:40 pm

Callisto wrote:Welcome Haganrix, I'm glad you found your way here. Hopefully more will soon follow.

Thanks for your attempts, fellow Hellenes, of trying to explain the unexplainable.

Callisto, as far as followers are concerned I will send your wishes with my message to Akesios and his wife Sassa in Austria. Maybe you know about the previous forum "HellenismosNow" that had been run by them but was closed some time ago for reason of too much spam, as Akesios said.

Haganrix

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Callisto on Tue Apr 09, 2013 6:04 pm

No sorry, never had the pleasure of visiting HellenismosNow. It's too bad they had to shut down because of spammers. Forums can be kept fairly undisturbed but it takes good software and admin diligence, which can be time consuming.

Callisto
Sinior Member
Sinior Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Lesbian Believer on Wed Apr 10, 2013 9:32 am

@Haganrix: Welcome and herzlich Willkommen. Hopefully some more German hellenists will join the board. I am looking forward to read posts from you.

Lesbian Believer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  J_Agathokles on Wed Apr 10, 2013 11:40 am

Khairete!

I have since found out what Timothy did. It's quite unsettling; he is currently trying to run for some political office, and has been wiping out as much of his Hellenist tracks on the internet as possible, to increase his chances of getting elected (the USA is still not very fond of non-Christian politicians). For someone who always has been a bit of a public figure for our religion, a religion that focuses on personal piety and ethical behaviour, this does not seem very virtuous.

J_Agathokles

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Haganrix on Wed Apr 10, 2013 12:40 pm

J_Agathokles wrote:Khairete!

he is currently trying to run for some political office, and has been wiping out as much of his Hellenist tracks on the internet as possible, to increase his chances of getting elected (the USA is still not very fond of non-Christian politicians). For someone who always has been a bit of a public figure for our religion, a religion that focuses on personal piety and ethical behaviour, this does not seem very virtuous.

Agathokles, if that should be the case, Timothy is just a fool. Firstly, there is nothing the internet forgets, and be assured the competitors will be alerted, secondly he had published some books that would make it easy to trace him back, but at least the Gods will take their look on unvirtuous people. Timothy translated the treatise of Salustios "On the Gods and the Cosmos" that also deals about virtue. Thus I can hardly imagine that he might be so stupid. However, in the political competition it would be quite easy to discover his past.

Flames, let' s look whether Akesios and Sassa will join us and Nordadler and Anniemal. Patience!

Der Geist schaut alles zugleich, während die Rede eines nach dem Anderen erzählt (Salustios, Von den Göttern und der Welt, Kapitel IV, Abschnitt 9).

Haganrix

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  J_Agathokles on Wed Apr 10, 2013 12:50 pm

Haganrix, here is some information on it. A friend told me she saw someone ask about his religion point blank, and he tried to wriggle his way around it. And someone else tried to use his religion to make him look bad. Both of these have however been deleted by the owner of the site. But I trust this friend when she says that it was there.

J_Agathokles

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Haganrix on Wed Apr 10, 2013 12:57 pm

And there the video was deleted already, it's just incredible!

Der Geist schaut alles zugleich, während die Rede eines nach dem Anderen erzählt (Salustios, Von den Göttern und der Welt, Kapitel IV, Abschnitt 9).

Haganrix

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Callisto on Wed Apr 10, 2013 2:21 pm

Well if such is the case, then yes such behavior is foolish, disingenuous and unvirtuous. I don't think the gods will look favorably upon the matter. Anyone, ally or foe, poking around the 'net trying to get a handle on the calibre of character will find less than glowing results, so it does more harm than good. It does appear in the comments of this blog that someone did ask if the Tim Alexander running for the school district board is the same Timothy Jay Alexander who practices/wrote books on Hellenismos, but the post was removed (the subsequent exchange spells out the nature of the inquiry), even though Tim's participating in the conversation and has the means of responding directly (and honestly).

The horse is already out of the barn, there's no way to mask his connection to Hellenismos. Deleting solves nothing - nothing ever truly goes away (just google "hellenismos.us" with or without his name, several cached pages including his connection with Mind & Magick come up) and there are several blogs and forum posts on other sites with either comments from him or about him.

May as well own it, not doing so shows a lack of integrity. And it's never a good idea to disavow the gods.

Callisto
Sinior Member
Sinior Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Lesbian Believer on Wed Apr 10, 2013 5:00 pm

@Haganrix: I found Akesios via "facebook" and wrote him a message containing a link to the forum.

Lesbian Believer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Haganrix on Sun Apr 14, 2013 1:42 pm

Callisto wrote:

The horse is already out of the barn, there's no way to mask his connection to Hellenismos. Deleting solves nothing - nothing ever truly goes away (just google "hellenismos.us" with or without his name, several cached pages including his connection with Mind & Magick come up) and there are several blogs and forum posts on other sites with either comments from him or about him.

May as well own it, not doing so shows a lack of integrity. And it's never a good idea to disavow the gods.

Defintitely!

Haganrix

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Haganrix on Sun Apr 14, 2013 1:46 pm

Lesbian Believer wrote:@Haganrix: I found Akesios via "facebook" and wrote him a message containing a link to the forum.

Well, Akesios and Sassa are also running their political careers. Have you seen the Homepage of Akesios (Ewald Strohmar) with the link to the political party "Die Grünen"?

Haganrix

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Haganrix on Sun Apr 14, 2013 2:19 pm

Callisto wrote:

That's what I suggest when I'm thinking of Tim:

"Souls that have lived in virtue are in general happy, and when separated from the irrational part of their nature, and made clean from all matter, have communion with the gods and join them in the governing of the whole world. Yet even if none of this happiness fell to their lot, virtue itself, and the joy and glory of virtue, and the life that is subject to no grief and no master are enough to make happy those who have set themselves to live according to virtue and have achieved it." (Salustios, On the Gods and the Cosmos)

And of course I'm not happy in so far.

Haganrix

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Lesbian Believer on Mon Apr 15, 2013 1:11 pm

@Haganrix: Yes. I have. We can not force them to create an account in this forum. However, if they like to join the forum they can do it now.

Lesbian Believer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum