Olympianismos
Welcome to Olympianismos!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Olympianismos
Welcome to Olympianismos!
Olympianismos
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Atalante

2 posters

Go down

Atalante Empty Atalante

Post  AgathonZante Mon Sep 07, 2015 12:39 am

Atalante (Atalanta) is a Greek female Heroine I have come across in my research on the Greek Heroes. I have been thinking on praying to Her, but She seems to be very female-oriented and I don't know how She would respond to me, if She would respond at all. How might an experienced Hellenist advise me on this matter?
AgathonZante
AgathonZante
God Member
God Member

Back to top Go down

Atalante Empty Re: Atalante

Post  Thrasyvoulos Mon Sep 07, 2015 1:07 am

AgathonZante wrote:Atalante (Atalanta) is a Greek female Heroine I have come across in my research on the Greek Heroes. I have been thinking on praying to Her, but She seems to be very female-oriented and I don't know how She would respond to me, if She would respond at all. How might an experienced Hellenist advise me on this matter?

The only thing I can find that makes her remotely female-oriented in myth is that she swore herself to lifelong virginity to Artemis and served as Her priestess.

I also see stories wherein she reciprocated love toward Meleager, but was prevented from consummation because an oracle predicted giving up her virginity would prove disastrous for her.

She seemed to have a positive relationship with her father and with Meleager, I wouldn't particularly call her female-oriented.

As for praying to her, pray to her as one would to any other God, daemon or Hero. Whether she chooses to respond or not would be out of the scope of knowledge of any person on this forum. She's a free being.

Thrasyvoulos
God Member
God Member

Back to top Go down

Post  AgathonZante Mon Sep 07, 2015 1:28 am

Very true. What do you think one could pray to Her for?
AgathonZante
AgathonZante
God Member
God Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Thrasyvoulos Mon Sep 07, 2015 1:33 am

AgathonZante wrote:Very true. What do you think one could pray to Her for?

Anything one wishes. Prayer is a very sacred thing, and praying is an act of complete freedom. You can pray to any God, daemon and hero for anything one wishes to pray for.

But Atalante is a heroine in mythology, so it would be most conducive to pray to her for things which a hero/ine has the most experience in: courage in difficult situations, guidance in which action is the most virtuous, strength when it is needed, etc.

Thrasyvoulos
God Member
God Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum