Olympianismos
Welcome to Olympianismos!

temples/churches in L.A.???

View previous topic View next topic Go down

temples/churches in L.A.???

Post  thecuriousone on Fri Jul 10, 2015 2:15 am

Hello! I've always been in love with Greek mythology and how devoted the Greeks were to their gods, so been researching nonstop of where to find Hellenic community near me.
I live in southern California, does anyone know where to go for Hellenic church/temple/or gatherings overall?

Through my research, it seems vague...by that I mean it wasn't clear whether or not the place is for real Hellenismos. So, I decided to register here in hopes for a certain answer.

Thank you so much in advance!! Smile

thecuriousone

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: temples/churches in L.A.???

Post  Erodius on Sat Jul 11, 2015 12:57 pm

I live in southern California, does anyone know where to go for Hellenic church/temple/or gatherings overall?

There are none in the United States – none outside of Greece at all, as far as I have ever been aware.

The vast majority of those who practice this religion outside of Greece do so individually – that is, they are not part of any 'groups', which is largely the result of #1. there being very few groups outside of Greece in the first place, and #2. those that there are being typically heavily neopagan/neowiccan/occultist influenced.

Individual study ought not to be a deterring factor, however. As it usually happens, eventually, after you get some study under your belt and build some networks via the Internet, you will come across a community that is suitable.

"O Best of Gods, blest daimon crown'd with fire . . . hear, and from punishment my soul absolve, the punishment incurr'd by pristine guilt, thro' Lethe's darkness and terrene desire: and if for long-extended years I'm doom'd in these drear realms Heav'n's exile to remain, O grant me soon the necessary means to gain that good which solitude confers on souls emerging from the bitter waves of fraudful Hyle's black, impetuous flood!"
-Iulianic Hymn to Apollon-Helios, ll. 65-106

"Having come for punishment, one must be punished. One must not pull apart the god within oneself."
-Iamblichus, Vita Pythagorica

"Truth would you teach, or save a sinking land,
All hear, none aid you, and few understand."
-Alexander Pope

ΗΣΦ

Blog: eusebeis.wordpress.com
The Orphic Way: www.hellenicgods.org
Erodius

View user profile http://eusebeis.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Αγαμέμνων on Sat Jul 11, 2015 10:56 pm

Individual study ought not to be a deterring factor, however. As it usually happens, eventually, after you get some study under your belt and build some networks via the Internet, you will come across a community that is suitable.

I have not managed to discover such a community, Ερωδιος. Would you direct me to one?

Αγαμέμνων

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top