Olympianismos
Welcome to Olympianismos!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Olympianismos
Welcome to Olympianismos!
Olympianismos
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

thanks, Zeus, a poem attempt

3 posters

Go down

thanks, Zeus, a poem attempt Empty thanks, Zeus, a poem attempt

Post  calebofall Wed Apr 22, 2015 4:27 am

Zeus you gave me bumps of goose
a feeling that i would not loose
a smile that was your better goose
for feelings that made me a moose

to wander down from northy lands
so feel a touch of blessing hands
that priests desired for amends
that had to help the ancient lands

from past and future we belong
the remnants of such a deepest song
that told us about little wrong
that had us searching for king kong

sorry, got out of my rhythm

calebofall

Back to top Go down

thanks, Zeus, a poem attempt Empty Re: thanks, Zeus, a poem attempt

Post  Thrasyvoulos Thu Apr 23, 2015 7:27 pm

You think you're funny, huh?

Thrasyvoulos
God Member
God Member

Back to top Go down

Post  calebofall Wed Apr 29, 2015 1:25 am

I'm sorry. I am good at christian poetry but when I try to write for Zeus it's like I have to change my frequency and my rhythm fully. Please take the poem and change it. I know for sure that Zeus is a sympathetic God. I know you maybe thought I wanted to ridicule Zeus but that is not true. I am a german, you know we sometimes have issues with the sweet irony other countries love so much and can handle so well.

I am in a hole
Zeus made me whole
there was no hole
Zeus is whole
my name is cole
i live
on the western pole

calebofall

Back to top Go down

Post  De Li Wed Apr 29, 2015 4:15 pm

calebofall wrote: ... I am a german, you know we sometimes have issues with the sweet irony other countries love so much and can handle so well.

Ach ja? Meiner Erfahrung nach macht den Deutschen in Sachen witziger Ironie so leicht keiner was nach!

Please don't use your German nationality as excuse for being weird, you are embarrassing yourself and fellow Germans by doing so.
De Li
De Li

http://hearthofheid.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post  calebofall Fri May 01, 2015 3:33 am

I am not good at irony. It has never been my strength. And when I read the Odysee or the Iliad, I don't recognize much irony. Ok?

calebofall

Back to top Go down

Post  calebofall Fri May 01, 2015 4:33 am

I am not an emissary from the church. I discovered "God" when I was 22 although I sometimes had fantasy notions of a "maybe God" before. Then I was a christian with the usual christian misery, I hated the bible although I had to read it, loved Jesus although I never understood him, and so on. 2010 I threw all of the stuff away and became a universal reconciliation christian, with setbacks and resets. It was difficult and hard. I have schizophrenia. Now I am a polytheist with respect for all gods, even the many unknown gods. I am rather certain now that many early christians cooperated with the greek and roman religions when they also had tolerant priests. But this was hijacked by christian fanatics, some of them with good motives like wanting to end slavery, some of them with bad motives like wanting to consider Zeus and the others iike the bad to be like the bad idols of the past. You know how some Zeus statues are not easy to look at because they exhibit a fierce rather than a glorious spirit. It is the same with Jesus pictures, some of them are awful, some of them are cool. Just browse google and bing. Sometimes I saw old pictures and images from the Olymp in my dreams. Maybe we could have temples with mountain images? That this would be very pleasing for Zeus? Some of the images, though, were probably very well done and the sinners took them home and kept them for themselves. There has been sin and evil in all of the religions and peoples of the word. My mother's wisdom, you can find good and evil people among every group of people, be they christians or germans or americans or turks or greeks, etc. Zeus is a strong God, but He does not mind friends who help him rescue his innocence.

calebofall

Back to top Go down

Post  De Li Fri May 01, 2015 2:29 pm

Calebofall, I apologize -- my reaction was too harsh. We all struggle and we all have things that tick us off. I [mis]understood your previous post as saying that [we] Germans have no sense for irony -- which is not the case at all, quite the reverse really. No hard feelings, I hope. Best regards.
De Li
De Li

http://hearthofheid.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post  calebofall Sun May 03, 2015 2:31 am

It's ok, De Li. I didn't feel assaulted and knew it was just a misunderstanding. May the blessings of Zeus and Persephone keep you safe. Olympian blessings are extremely strong if we don't sacrifice animals. In that matter Zeus is of one opinion with the real Yahweh. And it's all a story and a legend and a beauty and a struggle and a sweet evening.

calebofall

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down