Olympianismos
Welcome to Olympianismos!

Disgusting

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Disgusting

Post  Valencia2014 on Thu Dec 25, 2014 11:50 pm

http://spartareconsidered.blogspot.com/2014/12/the-true-parallel-to-sparta-christendom.html

A good example of a Western Christo-Fascist as opposed to an Eastern one(Byzantine Orthodox) culturally distorting and stealing to suit his or her own imaginary link between Western Christian civilization and Greco-Roman civilization. They would just love to think that Greco-Roman society evolved into their own Christian societies, no shame with these cultural frauds.
Valencia2014

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Disgusting

Post  Erodius on Fri Dec 26, 2014 12:13 am

Valencia2014 wrote:http://spartareconsidered.blogspot.com/2014/12/the-true-parallel-to-sparta-christendom.html

A good example of a Western Christo-Fascist as opposed to an Eastern one(Byzantine Orthodox) culturally distorting and stealing to suit his or her own imaginary link between Western Christian civilization and Greco-Roman civilization. They would just love to think that Greco-Roman society evolved into their own Christian societies, no shame with these cultural frauds.

Ah, gross misrepresentation of Classical culture and religion — what else is new?  silent

Your words struck me in how accurate they are of the run-of-the-mill perversions of Classical culture so omnipresent in the world.

"A good example of a ________________ culturally distorting and stealing to suit his/her own imaginary link between _________________ and Graeco-Roman civilization. They would just love to think that Graeco-Roman society evolved into their own __________________, no shame with these cultural frauds."

Fill in those blanks with any number of fraudulent fools, religious or otherwise, and you have an almost universally accurate statement. 

It is, of course, tragic, nevertheless, it is true.

"O Best of Gods, blest daimon crown'd with fire . . . hear, and from punishment my soul absolve, the punishment incurr'd by pristine guilt, thro' Lethe's darkness and terrene desire: and if for long-extended years I'm doom'd in these drear realms Heav'n's exile to remain, O grant me soon the necessary means to gain that good which solitude confers on souls emerging from the bitter waves of fraudful Hyle's black, impetuous flood!"
-Iulianic Hymn to Apollon-Helios, ll. 65-106

"Having come for punishment, one must be punished. One must not pull apart the god within oneself."
-Iamblichus, Vita Pythagorica

"Truth would you teach, or save a sinking land,
All hear, none aid you, and few understand."
-Alexander Pope

ΗΣΦ

Blog: eusebeis.wordpress.com
The Orphic Way: www.hellenicgods.org
Erodius

View user profile http://eusebeis.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post  TheSeekingDisciple on Wed Apr 15, 2015 5:15 pm

Erodius wrote:
Valencia2014 wrote:http://spartareconsidered.blogspot.com/2014/12/the-true-parallel-to-sparta-christendom.html

Ah, gross misrepresentation of Classical culture and religion — what else is new?  silent

Your words struck me in how accurate they are of the run-of-the-mill perversions of Classical culture so omnipresent in the world.

"A good example of a ________________ culturally distorting and stealing to suit his/her own imaginary link between _________________ and Graeco-Roman civilization. They would just love to think that Graeco-Roman society evolved into their own __________________, no shame with these cultural frauds."

Fill in those blanks with any number of fraudulent fools, religious or otherwise, and you have an almost universally accurate statement. 

It is, of course, tragic, nevertheless, it is true.

I had some Baha'is tell me Plato would have been Baha'i if given the opportunity. It's a moronic statement because it is like saying a Hindu/Buddhist/Sikh Guru or a Traditional First Nations Elder would have been Baha'i if given the chance.
TheSeekingDisciple

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top