Olympianismos
Welcome to Olympianismos!

Hello!

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Hello!

Post  onlyart on Sat Nov 09, 2013 6:06 pm

I used to be in this forum earlier this year, but I'm a doofus and lost my password, and I kind of didn't participate much already, so I figured it'd be better if I just started fresh, heh.

So! An intro:

Though I spent my childhood being fascinated by the stories of the gods and mortals in Ancient Greece, I don't really have a solid religious path right now, and I'm looking to do more research into Hellenism. I'm definitely intrigued, but I kind of want to sit back and observe first before making any sort of decision/saying something stupid/etc.

My name's Louisa, by the way. You can call me by my username or my actual name, it doesn't matter to me. Smile

onlyart

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Hello!

Post  Erodius on Sat Nov 09, 2013 10:17 pm

Welcome back then — although I can't say I remember your having posted ever before.

There are many resources available in the Beginners subforum — nearly all of them free of charge. Likewise, simply browsing through the various threads of all the forums ought to be a helpful experience.

As a side note, if you would like to have access again to whatever your previous account was, I can retrieve your password for you.

"O Best of Gods, blest daimon crown'd with fire . . . hear, and from punishment my soul absolve, the punishment incurr'd by pristine guilt, thro' Lethe's darkness and terrene desire: and if for long-extended years I'm doom'd in these drear realms Heav'n's exile to remain, O grant me soon the necessary means to gain that good which solitude confers on souls emerging from the bitter waves of fraudful Hyle's black, impetuous flood!"
-Iulianic Hymn to Apollon-Helios, ll. 65-106

"Having come for punishment, one must be punished. One must not pull apart the god within oneself."
-Iamblichus, Vita Pythagorica

"Truth would you teach, or save a sinking land,
All hear, none aid you, and few understand."
-Alexander Pope

ΗΣΦ

Blog: eusebeis.wordpress.com
The Orphic Way: www.hellenicgods.org
Erodius

View user profile http://eusebeis.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post  onlyart on Sun Nov 10, 2013 6:24 pm

Yes--I've been looking through the Beginner section and everything is really quite impressively organized and accessible! I'll have to take my time and browse carefully. Smile

onlyart

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  J_Agathokles on Mon Nov 11, 2013 5:53 am

Welcome again, then! Very Happy

J_Agathokles

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content