Olympianismos
Welcome to Olympianismos!

To whom do I pray?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

To whom do I pray?

Post  IridescentBlue on Mon Oct 28, 2013 10:02 pm

I'm having a very difficult time lately, and I feel like the situation is pretty grave. I've had to choose between friends, and don't see a way of keeping peace at the moment without hurting myself. I don't want to go into too many details, but it's a social situation, a community situation, and a friendship situation. To whom do I pray for things to work out (or at least get better) for all of us?
IridescentBlue

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: To whom do I pray?

Post  Erodius on Mon Oct 28, 2013 11:06 pm

To Harmony, Peace, Equity, the souls/genii of the individuals involved, Forethought, Concord, Mars/Ἄρης who oversees the conflicts of mortal life, to the Firstborn in Whom all gods are contained, to Fortune to be gentle, to Anger to depart, to the good daemones to attend them, to the hostile daemones to depart, to all the blessed sages and prophets to inspire temperance and peace . . .

And for your own soul not to be perturbed by things beyond your control.

"O Best of Gods, blest daimon crown'd with fire . . . hear, and from punishment my soul absolve, the punishment incurr'd by pristine guilt, thro' Lethe's darkness and terrene desire: and if for long-extended years I'm doom'd in these drear realms Heav'n's exile to remain, O grant me soon the necessary means to gain that good which solitude confers on souls emerging from the bitter waves of fraudful Hyle's black, impetuous flood!"
-Iulianic Hymn to Apollon-Helios, ll. 65-106

"Having come for punishment, one must be punished. One must not pull apart the god within oneself."
-Iamblichus, Vita Pythagorica

"Truth would you teach, or save a sinking land,
All hear, none aid you, and few understand."
-Alexander Pope

ΗΣΦ

Blog: eusebeis.wordpress.com
The Orphic Way: www.hellenicgods.org
Erodius

View user profile http://eusebeis.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top