Olympianismos
Welcome to Olympianismos!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Olympianismos
Welcome to Olympianismos!
Olympianismos
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Religious Medallion

2 posters

Go down

Religious Medallion Empty Religious Medallion

Post  Thrasyvoulos Thu Aug 01, 2013 5:45 pm

Hi all Smile I've posted before on the boards that I'm enlisted in the Navy and would be leaving for boot camp soon (thirteen days from today, to be exact). While at boot camp, normal religious practice will be all but impossible, and so I've been planning how to adapt during those weeks. I decided to take a medal depicting the God I'm closest to with me (one is allowed one small, silver religious medal while at Navy basic training), both to serve as a reminder and as a focus during my prayers, etc. I chose one of Apollon, with a lyre depicted on the reverse. They had others as well, some depicted Athena, Nike, one of Tyche also, I think. I bought one because of military and restricted practice, but I'm sure other people would be interested in them, as well.

I tried to attach my own photos of the pendant, but my phone browser is being screwy Laughing so I'll just put a link to the one I bought down below:

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00BA2203C/ref=cm_sw_r_an_am_ap_am_us?ie=UTF8

Thrasyvoulos
God Member
God Member

Back to top Go down

Religious Medallion Empty Re: Religious Medallion

Post  Erodius Thu Aug 01, 2013 6:15 pm

Very nice.

GreekShops.com produces a similar line of medallions — and they produce the full set of twelve. Each is double sided with a relief portrait image on the front and an associate symbol on the back, with the name in Greek. However, they are made from pure silver, and individually cast in Greece, and thus are a bit on the pricey end. Nevertheless, they are very beautiful, and worth it by my estimation.

Olympus Medallion Pendants
Erodius
Erodius

http://eusebeis.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down